A 23 year old man with episodes of palpitations.
Wolf-Parkinson-White syndrome with atrial fibrillation
- irregularly irregular, wide complex tachycardia
- impulses from the atria are conducted to the ventricles via either
- both the AV node and accessory pathway producing a broad fusion complex
- or just the AV node producing a narrow complex (without a delta wave)
- or just the accessory pathway producing a very broad 'pure' delta wave
- people who develop this rhythm and have very short R - R intervals are at higher risk of VF
Thank you to Soren Strange MD, Department of Cardiology,
Frederiksberg Hospital, Denmark for providing this recording.