An 83 year old man with aortic stenosis.
Left ventricular hypertrophy (LVH)
There are many different criteria for LVH.
- Sokolow + Lyon (Am Heart J, 1949;37:161)
- Cornell criteria (Circulation, 1987;3: 565-72)
- SV3 + R avl > 28 mm in men
- SV3 + R avl > 20 mm in women
- Framingham criteria (Circulation,1990; 81:815-820)
- R avl > 11mm, R V4-6 > 25mm
- S V1-3 > 25 mm, S V1 or V2 +
- R V5 or V6 > 35 mm, R I + S III > 25 mm
- Romhilt + Estes (Am Heart J, 1986:75:752-58)
Left atrial abnormality (dilatation or hypertrophy)
- M shaped P wave in lead II
- prominent terminal negative component to P wave in lead V1 (shown here)
See also - mitral stenosis.